Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Interview: worst case scenario


Prom may or may or may not be the best night of your high school life, but it will surely be remembered. I have conducted an over-the-phone interview with my aunt Lisa on her worst date night ever, freshman prom.  Also, I have included a funny video relating to prom worst case scenarios. Enjoy!


Hey Lisa, I have a few questions for you about your freshman prom night. You know from my email that I’m going to be writing an article regarding your experience.

Hi, Rikki! I am aware of the interview and pleased to share with you. Go ahead.


Was your prom date late picking you up?

He was fashionably late. The plan was to pick me up at 6:00pm so we would have plenty of time to go out for dinner. He showed up at 7:23pm. Prom was starting in half an hour! We didn’t even have time to go to Outback, as we previously planned. Wanna know where we sped to for a quick meal? McDonald’s!


Did he/she dress inappropriately?

If you call a Corona t-shirt and denim jeans appropriate, then of course. I was expecting a purple tux with black converses to match my purple and white flowery dress, the outfit we both decided on. No expectations, no disappointments, I guess.


Was there anything your date forgot?

Oh, yes! He forgot to take the key out of the ignition when he walked up to my doorstep. After ignoring the polite manner of opening the door for me, he walked over to his side of the car and attempted opening the door. After tugging at it for four or five seconds, he finally realized he locked the keys inside the car. We had to call a locksmith to come and unlock the door. We were an hour late to prom.


What happened that seemed to make things worse for the two of you?

When we pulled into the parking lot, I realized he had not given me my corsage he promised to order two weeks beforehand. His excuse was “I called them and they said they wouldn’t have it ready by tonight”. I knew that was a lie because it does not take more than two weeks for a corsage to be made.


Did your date overdo anything?

I don’t know what was running through his mind at that point! I guess he thought he needed a haircut since prom is a special occasion, although that makes no sense what so ever considering he was dressed in casual clothing. His hair looked ridiculous! If someone didn’t know any better, they would have assumed his little brother or sister cut it for fun. I was embarrassed to be seen with him.


PLEASE tell me your date could dance!

Oh my god. I don’t expect much out of a guy when it comes to dancing, but at least move! He didn't even ask me to dance. He sat there talking about how bad he wanted to leave and go to the after party.


Did your date forget to use manners?

Let’s just say he didn’t treat me like a lady. He treated me like one of his douche bag friends.


Did he/she make any rude gestures or comments?

He told me that he was bored and didn’t want to be there. He rarely made eye contact with me. He just kept looking around the room like he was trying to find someone.


Was any profane language used?

Yes. I didn’t necessarily mind this too much because it was normal for him to use such language. I do it too.


Explain how your date ended your revolting night.

Well, after twenty minutes or so of him begging to leave, we did. We went to my friend Billy Jo’s house. Her parents didn’t really care what she did, as long as she cleaned up after herself and her friends. We invited the whole school. That was actually pretty fun at first. Not long after, my date got drunk off his ass and threw up all over the refreshments! Of course, it was I who had to babysit him. After seeing and cleaning up the deluxe Angus burger with mayo, lettuce, tomato, cheese, onions, and extra Mac sauce he had earlier that evening, I drove him home in his car and then had a friend pick me up. I could not wait to get away from him!


Oh, my.  It sounds like you didn’t have the best night of your life, but one that will definitely be remembered years from now! Thanks for letting me know how it went for you.

It’s alright, I’ve experienced worse. You’re welcome.



3 comments:

  1. That interview was great! I feel so bad for her, hopefully her next prom will be ten times better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not see the video. Is it posted yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is posted. Youtube is blocked so it does not show up on school laptops.

    ReplyDelete